18 June 2007
This past week was a very busy week, but lead to a number of my articles being in the paper. Also, in the paper this week there was a special pull-out section. The special section was dedicated to senior citizens and I was placed in charge of all its graphic and editorial content. So I designed the cover, assigned the stories, and worked with the designers in page layout.

Here is what I ended up doing with the cover:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
CLICK TO SEE LARGER IMAGE


I wasn't able to spend as much time as I would have liked on it...but it was a lot of fun coming up with concepts.

At any rate, here are some of my stories from this week:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket PASSPORT offers seniors independence
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Professor to speak on aging in America
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Band brings dancing to Rally on the River
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket New restaurant brings Mediterranean spice to Docks
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Brain GAIN: Arena contributor envisions Toledo's re-invention
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Animal tag collecting convention planned
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Entrepreneur starts game show restaurant

In addition to work with the paper in Toledo, I was also returned to Hillsdale this weekend and helped work with template ideas for the college paper I work with. The changes being made are pretty exciting and I anticipate being able to dive into the project once school begins.
 
posted by Chase at 9:46 AM |


2 Comments:


At June 18, 2007 at 11:25 AM, Anonymous conlou

Hi! interesting and attractive cover on seniors issue.

 

At June 20, 2007 at 9:31 AM, Blogger katherine

Nice work, friend! I see that you are keeping yourself busy and productive. = )

In response to your question about CNS's policy about in-house sourcing...

We can do it on certain issues, but only if we have full disclosure about CNS's connection with the source. The reason I used Bob Knight (aside from the fact that my editor suggested it) for my Cradle of Liberty Story was because he is actually something of an expert in the Boy Scouts of America and its moral decisions.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying yourself. Good job on the cover. = )