03 August 2008
I've been thinking a lot more about telling stories this past week than normal. I anticipate sometime within the next seven days I'll see my first homicide while reporting. It's possible that I'm drumming the moment up a bit too much, but I think it's going to really set a mental marker.

I'm ready to do this.

+ The High-Stress Police Beat
+ The Art of Collecting Stories (TED video) and its corresponding project, We Feel Fine.
+ "Go Ask Your Father" on This American Life (the prologue is super-good).
+ A trucker who takes photos as he travels the country with his dog.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

 
posted by Chase at 1:27 PM |


1 Comments:


At August 4, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Blogger Daniel Silliman

Thanks for the piece on the police beat. I'm there.

Call me when you need to talk about this job.